Given this year’s unique COVID circumstances, we’re keeping Record Store Day celebrations sweet and simple. After all, we need to prepare for two more; September 26 & October 24. Here’s the plan:
- Firstly, we’re opening at 8AM! Earlier than ever, to accommodate the earliest shoppers and to alleviate our limitations for store capacity.
- Remember, in the spirit of fairness and spreading the joy, we’ll have controlled access to the store at opening, with a limit of two (2) RSD purchases per person. You are welcome to rejoin the line.
- The two-item limit should be suspended after 12 noon, but we will still need to enforce strict limits of 15-person capacity to ensure safe social distancing. Be prepared for possible wait times outside the store.
- Hourly-drawings are being replaced this year with one Grand prize. Any customer purchase can be registered for the drawing at 8PM closing-time, you need not be present to win. The Prize …our most popular and best-selling turntable, the Audio Technica LP120 valued at $250.
- We order the most obvious items our customers will want. Even at that, we are rationed on high-demand items. Sorry, we do not accept hold-requests for any RSD product. If you don’t find your items on Saturday, let us know. We will write-up a special-order request, as we are offered RSD leftovers from our suppliers on Monday.
- Go to www.recordstoreday.com for a complete list of the exclusive and limited releases set to be stocked for Part 1 of this year’s celebration. Remember RSD Part-2 is set for September 26, and Part-3 for October 24.
With only a few days left before Part-1, we are making sure our shelves are stocked with new releases and best sellers and tons of other cool pop-culture gift items arriving daily. Don’t be left out of the fun… join us again this year, this time at our new Fountains location directly below the Best Buy parking lot, as we celebrate the culture of independently owned record stores.